East Meadow Medical P.C.
Primary Care Physician located in East Meadow, NY
Dr. Razzaq-Ahmed provides family medicine services to patients of all ages at her practice, East Meadow Medical, PC. Her practice is convenient for residents of Nassau County and Long Island, located in East Meadow, New York.
Family Medicine Q & A
What Is Family Medicine?
Family medicine offers a variety of forms of care typically in one practice. Patients of all ages can receive comprehensive care as well as generalized procedural care that fits a wide variety of clients. Family medicine from Dr. Razzaq-Ahmed includes the following:
- Preventative healthcare - Preventative healthcare involves various types of testing including exams such as mammograms, prostate exams, colonoscopies, etc.
- Pregnancy - Physicians who specialize in family medicine also take care of pregnancies, prenatal and newborn care.
- Immunizations - A family practice offers immunizations for people of all ages, starting at just a few months to adulthood.
- Pediatric medicine - Pediatric medicine involves the care of children and preteens. Pediatric medicine also includes regular wellness checks and any other health issues a child may face.
- Geriatrics - As people age, their body changes leading to a variety of health issues. Additional specialized care may be required for this population.
Does Family Medicine Include Primary Care?
A positive relationship with a family doctor is essential for long-term health. Some health conditions take time to develop and may not be detected until symptoms are fairly severe. When a patient has a good relationship with their family provider, some of these conditions can be detected earlier and be treated accordingly. When subtle changes are detected because of a positive doctor-patient relationship, better care can be achieved.
What Services Are Included in Family Medicine?
- Adult Physical Exam and preventative medicine (screening for hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, cervical cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, etc.)
- Physical Exam to include a breast exam, pap, family planning/birth control.
- Evaluation and treatment of various acute illnesses and symptoms including: sore throats, ear pain, shortness of breath, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergies, allergic reactions, asthma, emphysema, chest pain, acid reflux, abdominal pain, diarrhea, urinary tract infection, pelvic pain, rashes, itching, acne, rosacea, joint pain, back pain, sports injuries, headaches, dizziness, etc.
- Evaluation and treatment of various chronic medical conditions and symptoms including sleep apnea, fatigue, weight gain, hypertension, diabetes, coronary artery disease, emphysema, asthma, high cholesterol, reflux, chronic lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, thyroid diseases, anemia, migraine headaches, weakness, numbness, etc.
We welcome Medicare and supplemental Medicare insurances. Please call if you have any questions!
Words from our patients
"Doctor was extremely nice and actually spent time with me! Front staff is very accommodating and office is super clean."
"I loved my experience with Dr. Sebeen Razzaq-Ahmed...Dr. Sebeen really took her time and made sure every health issue was taken care of."
""Staff is very courteous, neat and clean office with a professional atmosphere."